Manufacturers are always looking for ways to speed up the production of their products to maximize their profits. But doing so can be risky, and there is always the chance that changes in production could affect the quality of the end product. How can you speed up your production process without jeopardizing quality?
The Pros & Cons of Trying Different Production Process Strategies
Wondering if trying a different or new production process strategy is right for you? Here are a few of the pros and cons of trying out new production process strategies.
- Speed up overall production and throughput
- Increase profitability
- Ensure quicker changeover to serve clients more efficiently
- Could affect product quality & damage reputation
- Untested or risky production process strategies can be very costly for your business if they don’t work out
- May require extensive retraining of your employees
Trying out a new production process can be very beneficial – but only if you take the time to think things through thoroughly and avoid risky process changes.
Risky Strategies to Improve Your Production Process & Speed
The following are a few strategies that may work for some companies but are risky and may not be beneficial unless you’re properly prepared.
- Speeding up machines – Faster machines mean higher throughput, but this could put your quality at risk – particularly if you do not have leak detection equipment to detect issues with your products. And remember, everything is designed to keep up with your molder, so in some cases, speeding up other machines may not even be beneficial.
- Tweaking resin formulations – You may be able to improve profits and/or production speed by experimenting with new resin formulations using different types of rPET or PCR resin. But this can put product quality at risk – which could potentially jeopardize client relationships.
- Lightweighting – You may be able to increase efficiency by reducing the resin volume used per bottle or container. But again, this could cause potential issues with leaks, so make sure your leak detection equipment can keep up with your molder.
- Not using leak detection equipment – There are those who believe that leak detection is just an added expense that slows them down – but in fact, leak detection equipment from a company like ALPS Inspection is essential for ensuring product quality and protecting your inventory, particularly when trying new methods to speed up production.
While these strategies may work, they’re only a good option if you take steps to minimize risks, so let’s discuss these methods now.
How Can I Improve Production Processes Without Jeopardizing Speed or Quality?
The best way you can keep your business thriving and experiment and innovate without fear of product quality issues is by minimizing your risks during production – and leak detection equipment from ALPS helps in a variety of ways.
- ALPS leak detection equipment keeps up with blow molders, ensuring that leak detection does not impair the speed of your production process.
- You can ensure consistent product quality, and leverage this benefit to enhance relationships with both current and new customers.
- Advanced ALPS testing equipment minimizes both false positives and negatives, which speeds up production and reduces wasted QC/QA time.
- ALPS leak detection equipment is built for streamlined line integration, reducing the time it takes to change over to new products or try new production strategies. Take a look at our blog about fast, automated changeovers and “tool-less changeovers” to learn more.
If you’re looking for ways to improve your production speed and maximize profits, it’s always important to make sure that product quality doesn’t suffer. Minimize your risk when innovating – and ensure you have the right leak detection equipment from ALPS Inspection.
Contact ALPS Inspection Now and Start Innovating at Your Plant or Factory!
Ready to start experimenting with new strategies to speed up your production processes? Make sure you’ve got all of the tools and equipment you need to check for leaks – contact ALPS Inspection online or give us a call at 877-969-2713 to get started.